- This event has passed.
IFM’s Advanced Practice Module – GI
November 22, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - November 24, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
Clinical Education is proud to present the Advance Practice Module: GI in the UK for the first time since 2013.
Dates: Friday 22nd November – Sunday 24th November 2019
This unique event will stream the latest recording of the module onsite to the attending Healthcare Professionals. There will be Live Q and A directly with IFM™ faculty every day; furthermore, you will be supported on-site by Facilitators with expert knowledge of the programmes, who work at the coal face of primary care and the delivery of functional medicine in the UK and Europe.
Attending and completing this module in London will count towards the IFM™ certification programme – no need to travel to the USA, no awkward Live Stream timings, carefully selected exhibitors and better still, we’ll provide fabulous food!
About the Programme
Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium: Practical Applications for Understanding, Assessing, and Treating Gut Dysfunction.
Modern science has validated what ancient healing traditions have known for centuries: the GI tract has a central role in chronic, systemic disease. From intestinal pathogens and allergens to intestinal permeability and imbalances in colonic microbiota, gut dysfunction compromises a patient’s health and diminishes vitality. It is often the first place to start in improving overall health.
In the United States, more than 70 million people and in the UK 86% of all British adults suffered some form of GI problem or ailment in the last year. The relationship between gastrointestinal dysfunction and chronic disease is multifaceted, compelling, and complex. It is clear that when the normal integrity of the GI tract is compromised, this can result in distant systemic complaints even in the absence of overt GI symptoms.
IFM™’S GI Advanced Practice Module
This Advanced Practice Module takes a whole systems approach to evaluating and treating not only local gastrointestinal disease but many systemic diseases that are linked to GI dysfunction.
This course will supply you with the foundational background, insight, and in-depth clinical thinking to confidently work up and treat patients and clients who may present with conditions, signs, and symptoms indicative of gastrointestinal dysfunction. We will discuss in detail the important laboratory evaluations to be considered, the appropriate clinical connections that must be made, and the treatment approaches that should be used.
Clinical competencies to be mastered through the module:
- Identify the most important and reliable laboratory evaluations associated with gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Evaluate the relationship between systemic disease and gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Recognise and treat the most important antecedents and triggers of gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Develop and organise individual treatment protocols using lifestyle, diet, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals and botanicals.
- Understand and be able to implement an elimination diet.
- Reframe the patient’s story in the context of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model and a patient-centred assessment, incorporating the concepts of antecedents, triggers, and mediators.
- 17 CPD credits* applied for
- A step toward becoming an IFM Certified Practitioner
- Course materials: PDFs of all presentations as well as MP3 audio and MP4 video downloads
- Pre- and post-course interactive videos and webinars
- More than 18 hours of recorded onsite lectures, live Q&A sessions, and discussion (see the “Schedule and Educators” section for a full schedule of topics)
- Business and Clinical Strategies for Successful Practice Implementation
- 30-day access to IFM™’s Toolkit with more than 370 downloadable clinician resources that can be accessed and used in practice immediately after the course (Intake forms, patient handouts, and assessment questionnaires)
- Healthful snacks, nourishing lunches and morning movement activities
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to ask additional questions on a post-conference private Facebook group moderated by IFM™ faculty
For bookings, please visit our dedicated website: apm-uk.org
I’m keen to attend this course. Please can you let me have more details? Many thanks
Sure – most of the details are on the dedicated website, here: http://www.apm-uk.org
Otherwise, you can email me at [email protected] and I can answer any questions you may have or arrange a call.