Faced as we are with an infectious and mutating agent of illness, the allied focus on nutritional needs has been to identify foods and nutritional concentrates that confer an immunological advantage. Covid-19 does not treat us equally. Undernourished people have weaker immune systems and may be at greater risk of severe illness due to the virus.
- Published in News
Antony Haynes, BA, RNT explores two key questions realted to supplementation with B12 and Folic acid. Want to listen to a pod cast? click me
- Should we fortify foods with folic acid to help reduce the risk of neural tube defects (NTDs)? &
- Are there really dangers of ingesting too much folic acid, particularly with regard to neurological conditions?
Some countries such as the United States, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, South Africa and others have implemented fortification policies with a risk reduction of between 20 and 50%, on average about a third.
- Published in Reviews
Recent findings suggest that the amino acid glutamine reduces Helicobacter pylori-associated pathology in mice and may therefore have similar effects in humans with gastric ulcers caused by H. pylori.
- Published in Abstracts
- Reading Time: 4 minutes An Oct 2021 paper in B...
- Reading Time: 6 minutes A koan (a Zen Buddhist...
- Reading Time: 10 minutes The obvious answer is...
- Reading Time: 4 minutes As circumstances have...
- Reading Time: 6 minutes Feeling old? Consider ...
Updates on your email
Don't miss out on our email updates