A Case History led Seminar
Led by the experienced Nutritional Therapist: Antony Haynes BA (Hons), DipION, mBANT
There are many tens of Auto-Immune Conditions which affect millions of people. Auto-Immune Diseases (A.I.D.) are the third leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the industrialised world, surpassed only by cancer and heart disease. Due to the uncertain nature of A.I.D. and its involvement in cardiovascular disease itself, there are some that argue that A.I.D. affect more people than cancer and heart disease.
This seminar particularly emphasises two connections with auto-immune diseases; the connection between the integrity of the intestinal lining, the epithelial barrier, and secondly the link with infectious agents such as viruses or bacteria in the aetiology of A.I.D.
Antony presents the model by which altered intestinal permeability leads to an increased load on the liver’s detoxification pathways, an increased burden of immune complexes which enter the circulation and how this, depending on genetics and antecedents, manifest in tissue specific symptoms.
In addition, much research has shown that infectious agents can be involved in the development of A.I.D. Antony presented information about Chlamydia pneumoniae and Multiple Sclerosis and Sarcoidosis, Proteus Mirabilis and Rheumatoid Arthritis, EBV and Lupus, and he presents case histories that represent these connections, with lab test evidence.
In addition, it is possible to address the infectious agent with natural remedies and consequently the body can restore improved health and the nutritional approach to these cases is shown. The second emphasis in terms of nutritional therapy for those with A.I.D. is the use of proteolytic enzymes, and their role in countering inflammation.
The vast majority of Auto-Immune Diseases can be positively influenced by nutritional therapy and this seminar presents information and cases to support this view.
- Presentation slides used by Antony J Haynes
- Supplement information
- Audio recording of the presentation
- Suggested Protocols
- Numerous other resources to help you in your practice
You can now buy the seminar for only £30 and go through the presentation, at your own leisure, providing * CPD credits.
Just call +44(0)8450 760 402 to order and a link will be sent to you for the following:
You will learn these things:
- The key principles of a auto-immune conditions.
- What the most common auto-immune conditions are.
- The prevalence of auto-immune conditions.
- The role of intestinal permeability in auto-immune conditions.
- The aetiology of auto-immune conditions, with specific reference to infectious agents.
- What the most common infectious agents are, both viruses and bacteria.
- The specific anti-microbials that could address the infectious agents.
- The principles of an anti-inflammatory dietary approach.
- The nutritional intervention for supporting those with Sarcoidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, SLE (Lupus), Hypothyroidism, & Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- The potential role of proteolytic enzymes in supporting those with auto-immune conditions.
Continuing Professional Development