Focus on Metabolism with Antony Haynes
About this Presentation
‘Focus on Metabolism – Metabolic Dysfunction and Mitochondrial Inflexibility’.
Led by the experienced Nutritional Therapist: Antony Haynes BA (Hons), DipION, mBANT, this presentation will take the gathering understanding of the role of our mitochondria as sentinels of metabolic and immune dysfunction and how lifestyle including food and food concentrates are able to either increase or decrease their viability. As our understanding of the molecular influence of food continues to grow, significant understandings become all the more important in our delivery of advice and recommendations. You may think that this subject is too esoteric or removed from every day clinical life, but never has an area of application been more relevant to almost all the clients or people that you support. Delivered in an easy to appreciate format with clinical applicability, we feel confident that this will enhance your confidence and improve your outcomes.
The presentation includes:
Introduction to the research which focuses on mitochondrial inflexibility and how this can have an influence on a variety of health conditions including metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) & fatty liver conditions. Learn about the nutritional advice can help to support optimal mitochondrial flexibility.
You will be introduced to terms including these: Metabolic Inflexibility, Metabolic Gridlock, Aberrant nutrient partitioning, Carbon flux, Respiratory Quotient, Diurnal Oscillations in whole-body RQ, Metabolic Plasticity, Mitochondrial Indecision, Intermittent Fasting and Caloric Restriction.
- Learn about mitochondrial inflexibility.
- Learn what mitochondrial inflexibility can do to your health
- Learn about the mechanisms behind the causes of mitochondrial inflexibility.
- Learn about how mitochondrial inflexibility is related to insulin action, glucose disposal, lipolysis, lipid storage, cardiac contractility, immune function & the inflammatory response.
- Learn about the prevalence of fatty liver conditions, including non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and how mitochondria are involved, and what nutritional advice helps to potentially reverse them.
- Learn about how intermittent fasting influences metabolic functions.
- Learn how regular physical activity can support mitochondrial function.
- Learn how to best support an individual with Nutritional Therapy to optimise mitochondrial flexibility.
About the Presenter
Antony Haynes BA Hons Dip ION mBANT RNT has been in private practice for over 28 years and is one of the most experienced Registered Nutritional Therapists in the country. He is one of the first practitioners to implement the principles of Functional Medicine in the UK, since 1992. Antony has been teaching for 28 years and regularly presents webinars to Nutritional Therapists and practitioners on a variety of different health topics.
3 hours of self-directed learning
Order online here