Reading Time: 2 minutes
Conclusions Patients complaining of flatulence have a poor tolerance of intestinal gas, which is associated with instability of the microbial ecosystem.
Significance of this study
What is already known on this subject?
- Some patients specifically complain of excessive evacuation of gas per anus.
- Intestinal gas content depends by-and-large on gas production by bacterial fermentation of unabsorbed substrates.
- Diet influences anal gas evacuation and gut microbial composition.
- A proportion of patients complaining of flatulence have increased number of gas evacuations, but the net volume of gas evacuated is within the normal range.
- Flatulence is associated with abdominal symptoms.
- Published in Abstracts
- Reading Time: 2 minutes #Glycyrrhizin, the swe...
- Reading Time: 2 minutes According to a study, ...
- Reading Time: 2 minutes Thank you for j...
- Reading Time: 2 minutes #Frankincense is a tra...
- Reading Time: 15 minutes In Addition to Keepin...
A(H1N1) allergies antibiotics antioxidants autism autoimmune bacteria bias brain CAM cancer cardiovascular coeliac cytokines depression detoxification diet dysbiosis EFAs evidence fatty acids gluten gut gut health IBD IBS immune immunity inflammation microbiome microbiota mucosal nutrition obesity pregnancy prevention probiotics regulatory T cells research swine flu treatment virus Vitamin A vitamin D vitamins
Updates on your email
Don't miss out on our email updates