LOBE Medical and Clinical Education are proud to present the third Lifestyle Medicine Education Course for General Practice.
What is it about?
This one-day masterclass will provide busy GPs, Practice Nurses and Pharmacists with tools to tackle complex presentations with simple yet effective evidence derived lifestyle medicine interventions.
The increase in non-communicable disease and the rise in lifestyle related illnesses require a broad approach but with specific interventions.
Dr Ayan Panja MRCGP
Ayan has been a NHS GP partner since 2003, initially in North London and more recently in Hertfordshire. He has longstanding interests in lifestyle and preventive medicine as well as science communication. He is a clinical assurance adviser for NHS Choices.
Dr Rangan Chatterjee BSc (Hons) MRCP MRCGP
Rangan initially trained as a renal physician before moving into general practice. He has a keen interest in the relationship of the gut microbiome to human health and his BSc Honours degree in Immunology helps him navigate this complex and exciting new field. He lectures internationally about lifestyle medicine which he believes should be personalised, participatory and progressive. He is a passionate advocate of preventative medicine and recognised as a leader in his field, implementing effective lifestyle interventions in Medical Practice.
Michael Ash BSc (Hons) RNT
Michael has had a long and successful career, including building one of the largest integrative medicine clinics in the southwest of England. For over 20 years he has specialised in the mucosal immune system, in particular that related to the gastrointestinal tract and has developed and refined a number of effective non-pharmacological clinical strategies for functional and pathological disruptions of these ‘wet tissues’. He is a well published scientific author and lead educator of Clinical Education.
What will I learn?
Topics covered will include:
- Principles of Lifestyle Medicine – its scope, what it means and how it can help patients
- The Aetiology of Type 2 Diabetes – systems not symptoms and ‘The Personal Framework’
- ‘Behind the Personal Framework’ – Drivers on non-communicable disease – inflammation, immune dysfunction, oxidative stress and their effects on systems biology
- Consultations and Case Studies from practice – safe, effective interventions using a 360-degree approach
- Food as information
- Case Studies and Mechanisms – The complex, mechanistic effect of simple lifestyle interventions and case studies
- Putting it all together – issuing the Lifestyle Prescription on Monday Morning
- Panel discussion, summary and time for Q and A
- Networking Drinks
- Seated Lunch with wholefood cuisine and refreshments
- Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine toolkit and support materials
- Access to Clinical Education further learning resources
Standard: £349 inc VAT
RCGP Member Price: £299 inc VAT
*Clinical Education has received a donation of funds from a charity called Gilly’s Gift to allocate towards a number of medical students who wish to attend this event. They have kindly funded 50% of the ticket price for 5 medical students who wish to attend our course. To apply for one of these bursaries, please email email@example.com with your details and a short paragraph as to why you’d like to be considered for the bursary.
- Practice Nurses
- Community Pharmacists
Ready to book?
This is an event for GPs, Practice Nurses and Community Pharmacists.
Can’t make this date?
Register your interest below to be the first to receive details about the next available course.