LOBE Medical and Clinical Education are proud to present the first ever RCGP accredited Lifestyle Medicine Education Course for GPs.
What is it about?
This one-day masterclass will provide busy GPs with tools to tackle complex presentations with simple yet effective evidence derived lifestyle medicine interventions.
The increase in non-communicable disease and the rise in lifestyle related illnesses require a broad approach but with specific interventions.
Dr Ayan Panja MRCGP
Ayan has been a NHS GP partner since 2003, initially in North London and more recently in Hertfordshire. He has longstanding interests in lifestyle and preventive medicine as well as science communication. He is a clinical assurance adviser for NHS Choices.
Dr Rangan Chatterjee BSc (Hons) MRCP MRCGP
Rangan initially trained as a renal physician before moving into general practice. He has a keen interest in the relationship of the gut microbiome to human health and his BSc Honours degree in Immunology helps him navigate this complex and exciting new field. He lectures internationally about lifestyle medicine which he believes should be personalised, participatory and progressive. He is a passionate advocate of preventative medicine and recognised as a leader in his field, implementing effective lifestyle interventions in Medical Practice.
Michael Ash DO ND BSc (Hons) RNT
Michael has had a long and successful career, including building one of the largest integrative medicine clinics in the southwest of England. For over 20 years he has specialised in the mucosal immune system, in particular that related to the gastrointestinal tract and has developed and refined a number of effective non-pharmacological clinical strategies for functional and pathological disruptions of these ‘wet tissues’. He is a well published scientific author and lead educator of Clinical Education.
What will I learn?
Topics covered will include:
- Principles of Lifestyle Medicine and how it can be delivered in the NHS
- Understanding of how to use a ‘systems approach’
- The drivers on non-communicable disease – inflammation, immune dysfunction, oxidative stress and their effects on systems biology
- Consultations in practice – safe, effective interventions using a 360-degree approach
- Food as medicine and the role of supplementation
- Detailed in-depth case study
- Putting it all together – the future of scientific wellness and “Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine” on Monday morning
- Panel discussion, summary and time for Q and A
- RCGP Accredited education and presentation materials
- Seated Lunch with wholefood cuisine and refreshments
- Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine toolkit and support materials
- Access to Clinical Education further learning resources
Standard: £349 inc VAT
RCGP Member Price: £299 inc VAT
Ready to book?
This is an event for GPs. If you’re not a GP, why not check out www.afmcp-uk.org for Lifestyle Medicine Training options.