Animation: Immunology in the Gut Mucosa
The gut mucosa is the largest and most dynamic immunological environment of the body. It’s often the first point of pathogen exposure and many microbes use it as a beachhead into the rest of the body. The gut immune system therefore needs to be ready to respond to pathogens but at the same time it is constantly exposed to innocuous environmental antigens, food particles and commensal microflora which need to be tolerated. Misdirected immune responses to harmless antigens are the underlying cause of food allergies and debilitating conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease. This animation introduces the key cells and molecular players involved in gut immunohomeostasis and disease.
- Detection of herpes viruses and parvovirus B19 in gastric and intestinal mucosa of chronic fatigue syndrome patients.
- Historic Artefacts, Secret Messages and Code Breakers, Undercover Organisms & Organelles and Diplomatic Relationships; Inside the World of Mucosal Immunology, Health and Disease.
- Transcriptional Regulation of Inflammatory Pain and Hyperalgesia: NF-kB as a Lynchpin and Master Regulator.
- Whats New in The Understanding Of The Immunology Of Ulcerative Colitis?
8th October 2016
The role of the complex community of microbial dwellers inside our digestive tract remains a valuable, but still poorly understood resource in which changes to density and variety can have significant effects on human function and health. One of the roles of these organisms is in the generation of endogenous defence molecules including the master antioxidant, glutathione.Click for further information
30th March - 3rd April 2017
Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice is a well-orchestrated, comprehensive, patient centered educational programme that helps you deepen your clinical understanding and practical application of the Functional Medicine Matrix ModelClick for further information
- Once you have your food selection sorted, exerc...
Dietary Fibre and Bacterial SCFA Enhance Oral Tolerance and Protect against Food Allergy through Diverse Cellular PathwaysIn June 2016 Cell Reports a well-respected scie...
- The American Addictions Centre have created a w...
- Antony Haynes BA(Hons) RNT undertakes a review ...
- Humic Acid This is a review of the anti-viral p...
Updates on your email
Don't miss out on our email updates